Posted to dev@servicecomb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/26 01:09:01 UTC

Release note page

Hi team,

As we using JIRA to track the issues or new features,  it's easy for
us to generate the release note by press a button in JIRA.  But it
could be a challenge for us to write down the upgrade notes or specify
the API changes in the release note.  So I suggest we use wiki to
track this kind of document and publish it into our website once the
release is complete.

We can use the github project wiki [1](the committers has the right)
or cwiki[2] (Please let me know your cwiki account, I can give you the
write right)
Any thought?

[1]https://github.com/apache/servicecomb-java-chassis/wiki
[2]https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SERVICECOMB

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Release note page

Posted by Mohammad Asif Siddiqui <as...@apache.org>.
Hi All,

In my opinion its good to use project wiki for accounting the changes done which needs to be there in Release Notes, I think all the project committers who merges the PR can take a call while merging that if those changes need to be mention in the Release Notes, if yes then we can use a tag in PR like 'mentionInReleaseNotes' and later on when we make a Release then we can pick up the notes using the tag and on another hand Committer themselve can add it in wiki after the PR merge. Just my Opinion.

Regards
Asif

Re: Release note page

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
FYI, here is an example[1] from Apache Camel.

[1]http://camel.apache.org/camel-2210-release.html

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem