Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rene Kochen <re...@schange.com> on 2013/09/19 11:31:04 UTC

Row size in cfstats vs cfhistograms

Hi all,

I use Cassandra 1.0.11

If I do cfstats for a particular column family, I see a "Compacted row
maximum size" of 43388628

However, when I do a cfhistograms I do not see such a big row in the Row
Size column. The biggest row there is 126934.

Can someone explain this?

Thanks!

Rene

Re: Row size in cfstats vs cfhistograms

Posted by Rene Kochen <re...@emea.schange.com>.
That is indeed how I read it. The maximal size is 3 rows with an offset of
126934, while cfstats reports 43388628.

Thanks,

Rene

Posted by Richard Low <ri...@wentnet.com>.

Posted by Rene Kochen <re...@emea.schange.com>.
Nice! Thats explains it.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Posted by Rene Kochen <re...@schange.com>.
And how does cfstats track the maximum size? What does "Compacted" mean in
"Compacted row maximum size".

Thanks again!

Rene

Posted by Michał Michalski <mi...@opera.com>.