Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2009/05/02 17:35:15 UTC

SVN 1.5.X - Apache Log Files

Hi,

i have observed a little exceptional (In my opinion) thing, which i
don't understand...

I have configured my apache (2.0.59) with SVN Modules and configured a
CustomLog entry to print out SVN events...so far so good...

...CustomLog configured as described in the SVN Book (for SVN 1.5.x).

I can see the operations which are done via Command Line Client or
TortoiseSVN...

But...i can's see things which happen if someone goes via Browser to
the URL...?

Some explanations for this?

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de

Re: SVN 1.5.X - Apache Log Files

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Karl Heinz Marbaise!

>> It's rather simple.
>> Logging facility looking for Subversion operations and log only them.
>> Browser don't know anything about SVN and using simple GET/PUT methods.
>> Solution? Make it read only for anonymous users.
> Not that simple, cause it's not a problem of anonymous reads etc. GET/PUT...
> The access to the repository is done by the mod_svn...

Righ, but logging is done by Apache.
You should really understand the changes you've made to make SVN work.

> Module to access the repository and starting with 1.6 it's possible to
> access particular revisions and this is nothing more than using svn list etc.

Right, but still. What specifically you want to track?

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

Re: SVN 1.5.X - Apache Log Files

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,
> It's rather simple.
> Logging facility looking for Subversion operations and log only them.
> Browser don't know anything about SVN and using simple GET/PUT methods.
> Solution? Make it read only for anonymous users.
Not that simple, cause it's not a problem of anonymous reads etc. GET/PUT...
The access to the repository is done by the mod_svn...Module to access

Re: SVN 1.5.X - Apache Log Files

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.