Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Chen Rani <wj...@hotmail.com> on 2017/10/23 06:21:51 UTC

question about connect kudu with python on windows

Hi,

I am a tester and new to use kudu. I want to connect kudu with python on windows, so that I can select the data.

Is there any guide about this?

I install kudu-python, but meet a problem. What should I do next?

>pip install kudu-python
Collecting kudu-python
  Using cached kudu-python-1.2.0.tar.gz
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    Cannot find installed kudu client.

Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in c:\users\rani\app
data\local\temp\pip-build-7ildct\kudu-python

Re: question about connect kudu with python on windows

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
yep, that's correct. The C++ client isn't able to be built on Windows and
would require quite a bit of effort to port. For example, it makes heavy
use of 'libev' which has poor support for Windows async IO.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: question about connect kudu with python on windows

Posted by Jordan Birdsell <jt...@apache.org>.
Hi Chen,