Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pal InfoCom Technologies <of...@palinfocom.net> on 2009/08/14 11:05:27 UTC

how to create a production run in Manufacturing

Hello All,

I am facing problem in creating a production run in manufacturing. Following
is the complete problem detail:

I have created the routing tasks then assigned them to a routing, also
created a bill of material but unable to create a production run as it
throws an exception :“No production run is required for product with id
[productid] in date [current date&time] please verify the validity dates
of the bill of materials and routing.“

Please suggest how to create a production run in Manufacturing module.?

Any kind of help / suggestion will be appreciated.

--
Best regards,

Ajay Sodhi

Software Engineer,
Pal InfoCom Technologies (P) Ltd.,
E-51, Ground Floor,
Industrial Area,
Phase 8,
Mohali - India
Marketing office - Portland (USA)
Phone: +91-172-461-8033, +91-172-462-8033
Email: ajay@palinfocom.net
Skype: ajay.palinfocom
Website: http://www.PalInfoCom.net/

** Web, wireless & SMS enabled applications development & maintenance
** Ofbiz enterprise solution implementation
** Offshore project management

Re: how to create a production run in Manufacturing

Posted by Yoke Power <yo...@gmail.com>.
Please verify the following

1). Configure your Product for which you will be creating a "Production Run"
as product type "Finished Good" in Catalog module
2). Configure Bill of Material for the above product as the Product ID
3). Add the other components required by this product in the Bill of
Materials
4). Configure Routing Tasks required by the Job
5). Configure the Routing by adding the tasks required in the *Edit Routing
Task Assoc* tab
6). Add the Product i.e the product that you added in the step 1 in *Edit
Routing Product Link* tab in the Routing
7). Create a Production Run, you should be good to go.

Please revert back if you need any help

- YOKE POWER