Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by nicholas lovatt <ni...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/28 14:08:08 UTC

openoffice.org

does open office still exist? I have a permanent message saying it has crashed.   How can I retrieve my documents etc. Can I transfer them to open office.apache.  Would be very grateful for some advice, as you have probably guessed Im not very tech-savvy!  Thanks     suelovatt1@gmail.com

Re: openoffice.org

Posted by Alan B <ab...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:08 AM, nicholas lovatt <ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> does open office still exist? I have a permanent message saying it has
> crashed.   How can I retrieve my documents etc. Can I

Yes Nicholas, it still exists and is still in development. Current versions
can be downloaded here:
https://www.openoffice.org/
Once on the website click the text "I want to download Apache OpenOffice"
to get the latest version.

Re: openoffice.org

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:08:08 +0100
nicholas lovatt <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> does open office still exist? I have a permanent message saying it has crashed.   How can I retrieve my documents etc. Can I transfer them to open office.apache.  Would be very grateful for some advice, as you have probably guessed Im not very tech-savvy!  Thanks     suelovatt1@gmail.com

Apache OpenOffice (current version 4.1.1) is the successor to the earlier StarOffice and later OpenOffice.org versions. It can read almost all file types generated by the earlier versions. They should open directly in the new version with no need to transfer..

Download only from www.openoffice.org/download

This will redirect you to a SourceForge servers and your download will start in a few seconds with no need to click on anything else.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>