Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Eric Wulff <ew...@gmail.com> on 2004/10/27 00:25:17 UTC

not just install, but upgrade/remove Ant

Straight To The Point...
1.  I found info stating that older versions interfere with newer
versions of Ant but I found NO instructions on how to upgrade or
remove versions.  I only found information on how to install Ant as if
the system was already clean.  Can anyone advise me or point me to
advice on upgrading and removing Ant?  I'd like to start clean with
the latest version.

thx
Eric

I get many errors related to Ant being unable to load fundamental
class files.  They look like this...

Could not load class
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.javacc.JJTree) for task jjtree

 - History and other questions which may help -
I recently installed Fedora Core 2 and I am having trouble running
Ant.  I tried installing the latest ant, 1.6.2, before realizing I had
1.5.2 which must have been installed with FC2.  When I was having
trouble, I reviewed some trouble shooting and FAQ.  Due to suggestions
that older versions may interfere with new, I removed the newer
version(the newer one because this was easier since I knew exactly
where I put everything...  I think).  Anyway, still can't get it to
run and I'm not sure how to check if ANT_HOME and PATH are even
correct because there is no ant/bin in the 1.5.2 version as I'm used
to.  Best I can tell is that ant.jar is in ant/lib instead of ant/bin.

2.  Is ANT_HOME then ant/lib if that's where ant.jar is located?

Also, I noticed an ant.jar as well as ant-1.5.2.jar in...

/usr/share/java/

3.  Could that be a problem?  Perhaps 2 ant versions in one directory?

and ant.jar is also located in the following directories...

/usr/share/ant/lib
/usr/local/jakarta.../common/lib/

4.  Possible conflict?