Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Petro Karashchenko <pe...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/01 23:06:04 UTC

blockmtd device on top of /dev/null

Hello,

Is it possible to create a "fake" MTD device on top /dev/null?

In theory I think that should be possible. Does anyone see any drawbacks
with such approach?

Best regards,
Petro

Re: blockmtd device on top of /dev/null

Posted by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com>.
There is not too much to /dev/null.  You could probably create a standalone
mtd_null.c driver.

Or maybe use the existing filemtd.c on /dev/null.  That might work.

There is also a fake MTD flash device in arch/arm/sim//up_[q]spiflash.c
Those actually emulate flash devices and are great for testing.

Posted by Petro Karashchenko <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I've added MTD null support in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-nuttx/pull/4937

I will appreciate if you can take a look.

Best regards,
Petro

Posted by Xiang Xiao <xi...@gmail.com>.