Posted to dev@wink.apache.org by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com> on 2009/10/10 21:12:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

I'm calling a vote to release Wink 1.0

The Maven staging area is at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/wink-staging-015/

The distributions are in:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/wink-staging-015/org/apache/wink/apache-wink/1.0-incubating/

This release is tagged at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.0-incubating/

The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.

This is my +1

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by Bryant Luk <bl...@apache.org>.
I fixed up:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WINK/7.1+Json

I also did a bit of editing on a few of the pages to correct a few
classes/names of properties that were moved around.  Mainly:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WINK/5.1+Registration+and+Configuration
with the new properties.

I think most of the content is done in the doc but please let us know
if there's anything else.

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by Bryant Luk <bl...@apache.org>.

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by "Bruggeman, Michael" <mi...@hp.com>.
Hi Nick,

If you look through the PDF you will see that there are places where "TBD" is written - To be defined. These are the sections that require attention, as I am continuing to work on and add to the Wiki, these will continue to change.

In order to align yourself with the current state of the documentation, refer to the wiki as the PDF was produced yesterday, and it is subject to change.

PLEASE NOTE: WHEN ADDING MATEREIAL TO THE WIKI, PLEASE ADD YOUR NAME NEXT TO THE TITLE OF THE SUBJECT THAT WAS CHANGED, AND SEND ME AN EMAIL DIRECTING ME TO THE ADDITIONAL MATERIAL, OR CHANGE.

Thanks,
Michael

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
Many Thanks. I checked out
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/trunk/src/doc/DeveloperGuide/Apache_Wink_User_Guide.pdfand
saw that the updates are in.

Just a minor observation (and no show stopper):
The page at the end (Page 118 in the pdf) has an odd number "7.7" (Assets
Provider) and it is coming after Appendix B.

Thanks,
Shiva Kumar H R

Posted by Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Eli!

I'll run through the release process now and get the vote out asap.

-N

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
I have made some changes to

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks Shiva!  With that, I believe we are ready to release.  That is,
after I generate another PDF and include that in the release.

-Nick

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Shiva Kumar H R
             <shivahr@gmail.co
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             10/15/2009 07:33                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [VOTE] Documentation Release
             Please respond to         Wink 1.0
             wink-dev@incubato
               r.apache.org

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks Shiva, welcome back.

With your changes and Michael's updates to the other sections, we will be
ready to release Wink 1.0.

I've dropped the staging builds from Nexus, deleted the tag and re-created
the branch from the latest trunk.  So, we're ready to go.

-N

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Shiva Kumar H R
             <shivahr@gmail.co
                                       wink-dev@incubator.apache.org
             10/14/2009 08:57                                           cc

Posted by Shiva Kumar H R <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Bruggeman, Michael <
michael.bruggeman@hp.com> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>

> *         Yes I will remove the chapter 3 section from the upcoming PDF.
>
> *         RSS chapter is still outstanding and I am still waiting for it to
> be filled
>
> I am sorry I was away for a week. I will complete this utmost by tomorrow.

- Shiva Kumar H R

*         I will complete all of the TBD's by tomorrow

> *         Chapter 5 TBD's also tomorrow
>
> *         Append A and B TBD's  also tomorrow
>
> I just uploaded an additional version of the PDF with further improvements.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Beyond that, there are chapter references that need to be cleaned up and a few sections (Apache Wink Server Overview) and some comments in the RSS section that still have TBDs in them. I'd like to get as much of this stuff cleaned up today so that we can re-spin the vote either later today or early tomorrow.

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
> 3 Getting Started with Apache Wink - To be defined, this chapter will not
be included in the upcoming release.

Can we remove this temporarily from the wiki?  Or at least from the
distributed PDF?

We can whip something out for this in the next few days, but this shouldn't
hold up the release.

Beyond that, there are chapter references that need to be cleaned up and a
few sections (Apache Wink Server Overview) and some comments in the RSS
section that still have TBDs in them.  I'd like to get as much of this
stuff cleaned up today so that we can re-spin the vote either later today
or early tomorrow.

-Nick

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             "Bruggeman,
             Michael"
             <michael.bruggema                                          To
             n@hp.com>                 "wink-dev@incubator.apache.org"
                                       <wi...@incubator.apache.org>
             10/12/2009 04:46                                           cc

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Michael,

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by "Baram, Eliezer" <eb...@hp.com>.
BTW in order to freeze the HTML version of the documentation we will need also to export the documentation to HTML and upload it to the Wink site.

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by Bryant Luk <bl...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by Bryant Luk <br...@gmail.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Posted by "Bruggeman, Michael" <mi...@hp.com>.
Hi Eli,

I will generate the latest version of the documentation, and I will notify you when it is ready.

Regards,
Michael

RE: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0