Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kyle Quillen <kq...@wifi7.com> on 2006/10/31 21:11:05 UTC

Script question.

Hello all,

I have a bit of a problem.  I am trying to come up with a solution that
I think will help a lot of people who use the qmail toaster mail server.
I have my toaster setup to drop mail tagged as spam into spam
directories in each users mailbox.  I am planning on putting a Ham box
in their web mail as well.  I would like to come up with a script for
the toaster community that will tell spamassassin to learn from the mail
in each of these directories on a regular basis.  I would like the
script to delete mail in the spam and ham dirs on a regular basis.

Any help on this would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks
Kyle Quillen

Re: Script question.

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Kyle Quillen wrote:

> I have my toaster setup to drop mail tagged as spam into spam
> directories in each users mailbox.  I am planning on putting a Ham box
> in their web mail as well.  I would like to come up with a script for
> the toaster community that will tell spamassassin to learn from the mail
> in each of these directories on a regular basis.  I would like the
> script to delete mail in the spam and ham dirs on a regular basis.

I posted a script that does that (at least for mailboxes, not maildir)
a bit ago...

<searches>

http://www.nabble.com/sa-learn-question-tf2320488.html#a6456600

Rather than deleting the messages, you might be better served by aging
the files. If you need to wipe and retrain your Bayes database, or
find out where it was mistrained, having the SPAM and HAM corpa can
help a lot.

--
 John Hardin KA7OHZ    ICQ#15735746    http://www.impsec.org/~jhardin/
 jhardin@impsec.org    FALaholic #11174    pgpk -a jhardin@impsec.org