Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ga...@csiro.au on 2002/11/01 06:30:59 UTC

RE: SVG Error

Maria,
  How did you do the layering in Batik?  In Batik 1.1 we had
each layer as a separate document.  To load initially we created
a new SVG Dom tree and inserted one node at a time into the original
tree.  To turn on an off we set the opacity of an outer <g> tag.
I am sure there is a better way to do it in Batik 1.5.

Gavin Walker

Gavin.Walker@csiro.au                        Computer Scientist
CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences  Internet Marketplaces
GPO Box 664                                  tel: +61 2 6216 7030
CANBERRA  ACT  2601   AUSTRALIA              fax: +61 2 6216 7111

RE: SVG Error

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
>   How did you do the layering in Batik?  In Batik 1.1 we had
> each layer as a separate document.  To load initially we created
> a new SVG Dom tree and inserted one node at a time into the original
> tree.  To turn on an off we set the opacity of an outer <g> tag.
> I am sure there is a better way to do it in Batik 1.5.

You should use visibility:hidden intead of opacity. That will be faster and
save some memory.

Thierry.