Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/18 01:51:49 UTC

https 5.0.28-30

Hello
I know I should upgrade, just not now, grin.
I keep getting "java.io.IOException: Cannot recover key" for a .keystore that I am pathing to correctly and in which I have created the tomcat cert with the default password for both it and the keystore.  I can confirm this with portecle.  I have tried it even with 5.5x and the same.  If I mistype the keystore name it correctly says noFileFound.  I am dead in the water until I can get tc started.  Ideas?  tia.

RE: https 5.0.28-30

Posted by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Charles
I believe you are correct as I realize that I am actually starting this from my IDE. Do you have any suggestions on how to configure TC for Win32 command line startup with the Adminstrator permission?  Also would a file permissions adduce to the type of error I received?  Could it know the file exists but not read it to get the key based on permissios?  tia.

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> wrote: > From: Chris Pat [mailto:cpanon@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: https 5.0.28-30
>
> The server is running as Administrator from its
> services startup, but nothing more.

That sounds like you're running on a Windows box, and services normally
run under the local system account, which is *not* Administrator (unless
you've modified the service manually).  The access permissions I'm
referring to have nothing to do with the Tomcat configuration, but
rather with whether or not the account Tomcat is running under has
access to the keystore file.  The symptoms would seem to indicate it
does not.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

RE: https 5.0.28-30

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

RE: https 5.0.28-30

Posted by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Charles
I am not doing anything specific, just the defaults and below is the connector element.  The server is running as Administrator from its services startup, but nothing more.

<Connector port="8443"
               acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
           keystoreFile="C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\.keystore" keystorePass="changeit" />

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> wrote: > From: Chris Pat [mailto:cpanon@yahoo.com]
> Subject: https 5.0.28-30
>
> I keep getting "java.io.IOException: Cannot recover key" for
> a .keystore that I am pathing to correctly and in which I
> have created the tomcat cert with the default password for
> both it and the keystore.

Access permissions?

RE: https 5.0.28-30

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.