Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Perry Molendijk <xi...@iinet.net.au> on 2003/07/03 18:13:28 UTC

FOP, userconfig.xml and relative paths

BlankDoes anyone know what the correct way is to use relative paths when
trying to embed fonts for use by FOP.

So far I have only been able to do it with absolute paths:

in sitemap:

   <user-config>file:///F:/apache/fop-fonts/userconfig.xml</user-config>

in userconfig.xml:

embed-file="F:/apache/fop-fonts/arial.ttf">

when I move the "fop-fonts" directory to the WEB-INF of Cocoon and change
the sitemap to:

   <user-config>WEB-INF/fop-fonts/userconfig.xml</user-config>

and userconfig.xml to:

embed-file="WEB-INF/fop-fonts/arial.ttf">

I have tried all sorts of combinations ( /WEB-INF/..., setting baseDir,
etc ). It appears to me that Cocoon finds userconfig.xml, because if you
change the path to point to a wrong location, Cocoon (2.1 M1 and M2)
produces an error. So the problem appears to be in userconfig.xml. It states
in a comment that the path is translated to a URL like file:///X:/.... if it
isn't already a URL. Does anyone have any suggestions.

I have tried with:
TC 4.1.24 / JDK 1.4 / C21 M1 on W2K,
TC 4.1.24 / JDK 1.3 / C21 M2 on W2K, and
TC 5.02 / JDK 1.4 / C21 M2 on W2K

Cheers,

Perry Molendijk

removing messages from online archive

Posted by Phil Coultard <co...@coultard.com>.
Hi all,

I have recently received my first spam to my personal email address and have
a strong suspicion that the online public archive of this list is to the
spamer's source for my mail address as it is not publicised anywhere else.

Although I have a special email address for this list I have accidentally
used my personal mail address on more than one occasion :-( [gives self
wooden spoon].

My question is this: how do I go about having those messages or at least my
return mail address removed from the public archive? I don't wish to change
my address and as long as it sits there the spamming is only going to get
worse :-( I have tried mailing cocoon-users-owner@xml.apache.org and
mailman-owner@lists.real-time.com on the subject to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

Re: FOP, userconfig.xml and relative paths

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Perry Molendijk wrote:
> BlankDoes anyone know what the correct way is to use relative paths when
> trying to embed fonts for use by FOP.
> embed-file="WEB-INF/fop-fonts/arial.ttf">

Older FOP releases as included with C2.0.4, metrics-file is an
URL which won't work reliably if a relative URL is supplied
(depends on unspecified library behaviour), and embed-file is a
real filename with will be resolved against the CWD of the JVM
process.

You can get the most recent FOP release and drop the jar into your
WEB-INF/lib. It will resolve relative paths againts the fontBaseDir
configuration setting, or if this is not set, baseDir.

J.Pietschmann