Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Simon B <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 16:00:53 UTC

testing component with assertComponentOnAjaxResponse with IAjaxRegionMarkupIdProvider behavior

Hi,

I'm trying to test for a component in an ajax response.

The component has had a behavior added to it, this behavior implements
IAjaxRegionMarkupIdProvider.

When I call  the WicketTester#assertComponentOnAjaxResponse(Component)
method, it doesn't find the component with the id of component.  The ajax
response tag (e.g. <component id="..."/>)has the id of the
IAjaxRegionMarkupIdProvider not the component.

For example the Component has an id of "agentOptions" and the
IAjaxRegionMarkupIdProvider then uses that to create the Markup Id of
"agentOptions_fd"

e.g.
// in the ajax response the id is that of the IAjaxRegionMarkupIdProvider

not of the actual component who's existence I wish to test for / assert

Is there some specific way I'm supposed to test for the existence of
Components with IAjaxRegionMarkupIdProvider behaviors that have been added
to them, or is this simply something that I should live with.  I imagine
this is a very marginal corner case.

Any suggestions very welcome