Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2017/02/27 10:24:49 UTC

Remove usage of commons legacy releases

While in general we should use the lowest version possible of a
dependency (in order to make updating installations easier), I think
it's time now to get rid of using commons legacy releases.
Especially as for most of them we have dependencies to the legacy and
the latest version, which means we have to include to copies of that
library.

In particular I'm speaking about commons lang, commons collections,
commons math and the httpclient. For all of them, except math, we
currently have to include two versions in launchpad:
commons-collections/commons-collections/3.2.2
org.apache.commons/commons-collections4/4.1

commons-lang/commons-lang/2.6
org.apache.commons/commons-lang3/3.4

org.apache.geronimo.bundles/commons-httpclient/3.1_1
org.apache.httpcomponents/httpcore-osgi/4.4.1
org.apache.httpcomponents/httpclient-osgi/4.4.1

For commons math, we are using
org.apache.commons/commons-math/2.2
and probably should replace this with a 3.x version.

WDYT

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Remove usage of commons legacy releases

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Friday 03 March 2017 14:07:28 Konrad Windszus wrote:
> Currently org.apache.sling.testing.paxexam.SlingOptions only includes
> "commons-collections" but not "commons-collections4". @Oliver Lietz: Could
> you look into that?

Sure. Releasing right now several bundles to get rid of snaphots in Karaf
Features and therefore Testing PaxExam (but adding extra bundles is easy).

Regards,
O.

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.