Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/03/04 00:21:24 UTC

[Tapestry Wiki] Update of "SuccessStories" by tcarroll

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by tcarroll:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/SuccessStories

The comment on the change is:
Added PowerSteering story.

  == PepperJobs ==
  [http://www.pepperjobs.com PepperJobs] is small job board entirely developped with tapestry 4.0.2 for the frontend. Each tomcat instance runs on top of apache with mod_jk, and the http requests are load balanced with LVS (Linux Virtual Server). It was a real pleasure to develop the application with this framework, thanks to the devleopers and the users community.

+ == PowerSteering Software ==
+ [http://www.powersteeringsoftware.com PowerSteering] is a software vendor that developed and provides enterprise-class, On-Demand software for Lean Project Portfolio Management (Lean PPM), with a particularly strong presence in companies that are running large Six Sigma or other Operational Excellence type programs. Founded in 1998, the front-end of the application was originally built in JSPs. The functionality had grown over the years, and the navigation had become a bit circuitous and confusing, to say the least. Driven by the usability problems, as well as a desire to easily support multiple languages, we made a decision in early 2006 to re-implement the entire UI. Several technologies were investigated, with Tapestry coming out on top. Howard came over and helped us kick things off with a training session for our development team. Our initial "Version 5.0" release using the new Tapestry UI was made public in June 2006. In the October/November 2006 issue, [http://www.is
 ixsigma-magazine.com/archive/default.asp?vol=2&num=6 iSixSigma Magazine] published a 'Test Lab' review of four competing software products, and our Tapestry-powered one came out on top! You can see the full review [http://www.powersteeringsoftware.com/PDF/issreview_nov06 here]. Thanks Howard!
+