Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/27 06:57:48 UTC

build fail (file locking with JDK 8.0.5?)

I tried three times in a row, but the build gets stuck here:

Failed tests:
  FileAppenderTest.testMultipleLockedAppenders Could not delete
target\fileAppenderTest.log, last modifed 14/07/27 13:13
  FileAppenderTest.testLockingAppender Could not delete
target\fileAppenderTest.log, last modifed 14/07/27 13:13
  FileAppenderTest.testAppender Could not delete
target\fileAppenderTest.log, last modifed 14/07/27 13:13
  FileAppenderTest.testMultipleAppenders Could not delete
target\fileAppenderTest.log, last modifed 14/07/27 13:13

Running this command on the command line:
  set JAVA_HOME=C:\apps\jdk1.7.0_55
before running "mvn clean package" gave the same result...

After changing environment variable JAVA_HOME to C:\apps\jdk1.7.0_55 and
rebooting(!) the build now finally runs normally again...

Re: build fail (file locking with JDK 8.0.5?)

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
Hm, instead of java 8, the problem may have been related to the date
pattern?
I don't see how, but after applying Scott's patch the problem went away,
and I can build and test with java 8 again...
Very strange...