Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2005/04/13 17:46:09 UTC

How to Deploy Replacement War

Hello,

I deployed a war file for a new project a couple of weeks back. The war extracted, and the manager saw it, and all is good. But now I need to replace that webapp, with a new war file. Now the other day, I went to the manager, undeployed the webapp, turned off Tomcat and deleted the webapp folder. Then I put the war file under "webapps" and restarted the server. But things got screwey and I had to repeat this a couple of times, and also turn Tomcat off in order to remove the libs.

Anyway, what is the proper protocol on how to "properly" replace a webapp with a new war.

Thanks,

Scott K Purcell