Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by John Bodley <jo...@airbnb.com.INVALID> on 2021/09/03 20:54:51 UTC

Apache Superset Operational Model Breakout Groups

Hi,

As some of you may be aware, we recently undertook a brainstorming exercise
to discuss possible improvements to the Apache Superset Operational Model
as documented here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1142hU0aHjj9Lg_A6vUjWc1DEsiotBnIYy_ZDtC_BFxE/edit#>—also
briefly discussed in the last two Apache Superset Contributor Meetup
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xRLqmUn-G7WiPe8qZnfuvbrYHZ1jmk9aSv9Bhjis2tg/edit>
 events.

 The brainstorming exercise identified four broad themes:

   - Communication
   - Developer experience
   - Management
   - Quality

and the hope was to break into smaller subgroups to further discuss these
themes and propose/share recommendations with the community. The hope is to
kick off these discussions in mid September (when I'm back from vacation)
with a goal of finalizing recommendations around mid October.

If you're interested in partaking in any of these breakout sessions (I
suspect the commitment will be an hour or so for a few sessions with the
possibility of some homework tasks) please contact me either via email or
Slack—"John Bodley (Airbnb)" with the following details before September
18th:

   1. Your email address
   2. Which theme(s) you're interested in participating in
   3. Your general availability (please include timezone)

We'll try to coordinate meetings which can accommodate the most people
(likely with the help of a meeting scheduler app). Additionally we'll also
transcribe the discussion and share the notes in a Google document so
people who could not attend the meetings can still partake in the
conversation.

Thanks
-John

Re: Apache Superset Operational Model Breakout Groups

Posted by John Bodley <jo...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

A friendly reminder, for those that are interested in participating, please
respond before September 18th.

Thanks
-John