Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/09/12 22:59:15 UTC

Re[2]: Help Deploying Servlet

Hello Chuck,

You need to specify a <servlet-class>, not a <url-pattern> in your
<servlet> declaration.

For instance:

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>hi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>mypackage.Hello</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>hi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/hello.html</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>hi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>*.hello</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>hi</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/hello/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Notice all the different mappings we can make for the same servlet.

in addition to all those mappings you can access your servlet via
Tomcat's default invoker servlet via:

http://localhost:8080/servlet/hi
or
http://localhost:8080/servlet/mypackage.Hello

That's more than you asked for, but I just figured I'd add it :-)

Jake

Best regards,