Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lahiru Gamathige <la...@highfive.com> on 2016/11/08 20:47:52 UTC

How to confirm TWCS is fully in-place

Hi Users,

I am thinking of migrating our timeseries tables to use TWCS. I am using
JMX to set the new compaction and one node at a time and I am not sure how
to confirm that after the flush all the compaction is done in each node. I
tried this in a small cluster but after setting the compaction I didn't see
any compaction triggering  and ran nodetool flush and still didn't see a
compaction triggering.

Now I am about to do the same thing in our staging cluster, so curious how
do I confirm compaction ran in each node before I change the table schema
because I am worried it will start the compaction in all the nodes at the
same time.

Lahiru

Re: How to confirm TWCS is fully in-place

Posted by Lahiru Gamathige <la...@highfive.com>.
Hi Kurt,

Thanks !

Lahiru