Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Derek Whitaker <de...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/26 20:12:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache segfaults whenever I try to load a module

I recently decided to add webmail to my server. So, I
downloaded SquirrelMail. This required that I install
PHP4 for it to run. So, I downloaded PHP and installed
it.

Upon restarting the server, I found that every page I
tried to visit made httpd segfault. I went back, and
commented out the LoadModule line for PHP4. The server
stopped crashing.

I then downloaded the latest version of APR and
APR-Util, as well as httpd, and recompiled them all,
including PHP. I tried again. Segfault every page, php
or not. To test if it was PHP, I downloaded mod_perl,
and tried that. It, too, caused a segfault.

Finally, after much searching of the internet and not
finding anything very useful, someone mentioned
IfModule. I tried that, and found that the modules
didn't load. I never once received any errors during
compilation or installation, and I am at a complete
loss as for what to do now. I would really appreciate
any suggestions on solving this, for if I can't load
any modules at all, this is going to cause issues
every time I want to add something.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache segfaults whenever I try to load a module

Posted by Derek Whitaker <de...@yahoo.com>.
Oops! Sorry.. :(
I have Apache 2.2.2, mod_perl 2.0.2, and PHP 4.4.2.
I'm running on Red Hat FC3.

(gdb) bt full
#0  0x00bffd4e in php_handler (r=0x9d15c20) at
/root/php-4.4.2/sapi/apache2handler/sapi_apache2.c:470
        ctx = (php_struct *) 0xd7be5b
        conf = Variable "conf" is not available.

I guess this looks like a PHP error.. Strange, as when
I try 'make test' with mod_perl, it's backtrace
indicated a problem in some ap_* routine.. This is all
very confusing.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.