Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Javier padrón <jp...@nartexsoft.com> on 2007/01/12 13:16:18 UTC

Jetspeed 2.1-dev build and deploy with Maven2 is OK, but mvn -P test FAILURE !

Hello

Finally I have been able to build / deploy Jetspeed 2.1dev with Maven2 :P !!!

I have had to download and to install some jars manually, and finally it worked.
Tomcat initiates and http://localhost:8080/jetspeed init perfectly also, although portlets are some that are not seen well, and give some error

Eg:
 Failed to retrieve Portlet for Definition to jsf-demo::guessNumber
 Failed to retrieve Portlet for Definition jsf-demo::CalendarPortlet

I want to know which is the version of java with that I must compile the project, I have read that recommends jdk1.5.

How I can indicate the compilation version?
Now, in the console, if I write:

c:\java - version
java version "1.5.0_06" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment,
Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_06-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

This is the one that will be used or I can indicate it explicitly somewhere?

Finally, mvn -P test FAILURE !

 T E S T S
[surefire] Running org.apache.jetspeed.capabilities.TestCapability
 INFO: org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.TyrexJNDIComponent - JNDI successfully initiallized
 INFO: org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent - Setting up data source pooling for oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
 INFO: org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent - DBCPCDatasourceComponent successfuly started!
DEBUG: org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.TyrexJNDIComponent - Binding org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource@867e89 to name comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed
DEBUG: org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.TyrexJNDIComponent - Binding org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource@867e89 to name jdbc/jetspeed
 INFO: org.springframework.core.CollectionFactory - JDK 1.4+ collections available
DEBUG: org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.TyrexJNDIComponent - Binding org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource@17fa65e to name comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed
DEBUG: org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.TyrexJNDIComponent - Binding org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource@17fa65e to name jdbc/jetspeed
 INFO: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [boot/datasource.xml]
[surefire] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 6, Time elapsed: 1.203 sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] There are test failures.
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 24 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Jan 12 10:45:44 GMT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 26M/51M

The stranger is that although the test fails, does deploy and initiates tomcat, has this something that to see?
Some idea of how solving it?

Thank !

Javier Padrón

Re: Jetspeed 2.1-dev build and deploy with Maven2 is OK, but mvn -P test FAILURE !

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Javier padrón wrote:
> DEBUG: org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.TyrexJNDIComponent - Binding org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource@17fa65e to name jdbc/jetspeed
>  INFO: org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader - Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [boot/datasource.xml]
> [surefire] Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 6, Time elapsed: 1.203 sec <<<<<<<< FAILURE !!
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] There are test failures.
> [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 24 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Jan 12 10:45:44 GMT 2007
> [INFO] Final Memory: 26M/51M
>

> The stranger is that although the test fails, does deploy and initiates tomcat, has this something that to see?
> Some idea of how solving it?

The tests all passed for me recently on Maven-1 and Maven-2 builds.
It would be great if we had a continuous build setup configured to
verify this on a nightly basis...

If you are new to Jetspeed, we recommend that you do not build from the
source unless you are planning on making changes to the source and
contributing back, or just trying to understand it, as building Jetspeed
requires a good working understanding of either Maven-1 or Maven-2. At
times, it seems that we seem to spend more time supporting the build
than other issues.

Have you tried out our 'standard' integration method for custom builds
described here:

http://portals.apache.org/tutorials/jetspeed-2/index.html