Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Lahiru Ginnaliya Gamathige <gl...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 18:39:59 UTC

Replacing ZK client with Curator

Hi Devs,

I think its a good idea to replace ZK client code with Apache Curator
because we have to handle lots of timeout and other connectionLost issues
manually.

What do you think, is it too late to do this and do the release ? If so we
can do it in next release otherwise we can implement this and extend the
release bit further.

Are there any blocker like issues cause due to ZK timeout and
connectionLost errors ?

Regards
Lahiru

--
Research Assistant
Science Gateways Group

Re: Replacing ZK client with Curator

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Lahiru,

I only played with it very little, I was prototyping multiple API services and used curator service discovery recipe. I liked it from a development standpoint, do not have a opinion on how well it will help mitigate the issues you mention below. Hypothetically yes, but not sure in practice.

Should we just try it in a branch and validate it with the test framework?

If it helps, I can bring this thread to attention of the curator pmc and seek expert advice, do we need it?

Suresh

Posted by Shameera Rathnayaka <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Devs,

I replaced zookeeper client with curator and ran few tests on real compute
resources, all went well. And tested recovery scenario too. I don't see
connection issues at all after integrate apache curator which we were
seeing time to time in logs. I will merge curator integration branch to
master.

Thanks,
Shameera.

--