Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Bauer <ma...@livinglogic.de> on 2003/12/02 11:16:58 UTC

Re: Struts workflow question

Tommy Holm - TELMORE wrote:

>Hi
>I have a problem which best is described as follows. I have a primary
>workflow(WF1) that at a certain time branches off to a secondary
>workflow. It is left in a state so that progess can be continued at a
>later stage. I my new workflow (WF2) I describe that a secondary
>workflow exist(WF1) etc. Now the problem, if WF2 fails, a cleanup of WF2
>is performed but WF1 is left untouched which is not desireable. I would
>like to cleanup WF1 as well, how can you achieve that ?

If a workflow (in your example wf2) is violated, control is passed to a
(possibly global) forward definition. This definition should execute an
action that ends and thus cleans up all workflows that might be in
progress and needs cleanup.

>Now my second question, it should be possible for WF2 to depend on a
>secondary workflow (WF3), which means that I want to say, only execute
>the action belonging to WF2 if either WF1 is active or WF2. That does
>not seem to work. Can you not have more than one secondary workflow ?
>And what if only on of the secondary workflows are active, when the
>action associated with with WF2 is executed,  will we have a violation
>then ?

You can define any number of secondary workflow conditions. If you do,
all these conditions must be met, otherwise a workflow violation will
occur. If you want to be able to start wf2 in case either wf1 is in
state x or wf3 is in state y, you would need two different action
definitions.

Cheers,

--- Matthias