Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/09 03:59:54 UTC

Huge memory usage

Hi all,
It seems that issue, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-106still

not being fully fixed.
My observation of memory usage still getting increasing.

By using two profilers(YourKits profiler and MS .Net CLR Profiler), I found
that "Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader/Norm" and "Lucene.Net.Index.FieldInfo"

will be increased 41 object(both these two classes) instances when searching

index(yes, sort is involved).

These increased object instances won't be grabage-collected and as result my
system will soon reached memory limitation and fire CLR recycle whole
process.
My Lucene.Net version is 2.3.1.2 and source is grab from SVN.
Please help on this.
Best regards,
 Floyd

RE: Huge memory usage

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
Can you send a simple test case showing the bug?

DIGY

Posted by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Digy

RE: Huge memory usage

Re: Huge memory usage

Posted by Jokin Cuadrado <jo...@gmail.com>.
ups, I think you already know that, forget my message.

Re: Huge memory usage

Posted by Jokin Cuadrado <jo...@gmail.com>.