Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Sergei P. Volin" <sv...@ttk.ru> on 2003/05/05 13:20:36 UTC

Users authenication across multiple db's

Hi All,

I've posted my question in dev-list because I've not received any comment in user-list.

My question in user-list was:
"I'm developing a web application in parallel to an already running project. We have already users in one DB and are planning to have new users in a new DB. Is it possible with Tomcat 4 (or 5) to authenticate users across both DBs (multiple DBs) for one web application?"

To tell the truth I created two jdbc realms for two DBs in one Context but Tomcat accepted users authentication across the only realm which was the last configured in the configuration file. From where I sadly concluded that it is impossible with the current Tomcat releases to match my purposes.

If I'm not right please correct me:) Or are there plans of Tomcat dev team on this subj? IMHO it is a common case to launch new projects in parallel to already running and this case should be treated by Tomcat server properly.

Any comments and suggestions will be appreciated very much.

Best regards,

Sergei.