Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Timberlake <an...@timberlake.co.za> on 2002/12/12 13:34:29 UTC

Getting CVS version to run on Tomcat 4.1.12

I have checked that latest sources out of CVS
Copied the Xerces etc jars into $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/endorsed/
run ./build.sh  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes clean webapp
I have then copied the cocoon.war into webapps and restarted tomcat
I now get the error below.

I am using RedHat 8.0, Sun's JVM 1.4.1_01, Tomcat 4.1.12
Have I missed anything???

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.CascadingIOException:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must
have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!:
org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output format must
have a '{http://xml.apache.org/xslt}content-handler' property!
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:519)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:192)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:484)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(SerializeNode.java:149)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:153)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:143)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:317)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:299)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNode.java:134)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invoke(PreparableMatchNode.java:164)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(PipelineNode.java:153)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:108)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(PipelinesNode.java:143)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:317)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcessor.java:299)
	at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1104)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

Thanks for any help!

Andrew

RE: Getting CVS version to run on Tomcat 4.1.12

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
Geoff Howard dijo:
> In later versions of Tomcat you need to copy the jars to
> $TOMCAT_HOME/common/endorsed instead of / in addition to
> jre/lib/endorsed. I'm pretty sure it's because the default catalina.sh
> specifies its own endorsed directory on startup, overriding the default.
>  I have heard rumors that they also need to go to jre/lib/endorsed but
> have not done so myself and have not seen problems (yet).  I'm running
> the exact combination as you (although redhat 7.3)
>
> I have only seen the error you report when the jars aren't there, or
> when there is a version mismatch between the jars in endorsed and the
> ones in WEB-INF/lib.
>
> HTH,
> Geoff Howard

Hi Geof, Its true. I had the same problem. But it was solved when I also
included the files in Java/lib/endorsed. My config: Red Hat Linux 8.0,
Tomcat 4.1.12 and Java 1.4.1_01.

Antonio Gallardo

Posted by Andrew Timberlake <an...@timberlake.co.za>.
Thanks for the help! It now works

Andrew

Andrew Timberlake <an...@timberlake.co.za>

RE: Getting CVS version to run on Tomcat 4.1.12

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.