Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Queen <43...@bellsouth.net> on 2002/04/03 03:15:27 UTC

Apache Newbie question

Ok, so I have RH 7.1 w/ Apache 1.2.34 compiled.  I am receiving the
following error when trying to validate the httpd.conf file:

Syntax error on line 212 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot add module via name 'mod_env.c': not in list of loaded modules

I am assuming that I just don't have this module (or any of the others), but
I don't know how to build the Apache modules.

Thank You,
Kevin Queen

Re: Apache Newbie question

Posted by Matt Simonsen <ma...@careercast.com>.
On Tuesday 02 April 2002 17:49, Kevin Queen wrote:
> Thank you for the tip, but does that mean I need to re-run configure, make
> and make install all over again, that would suck.

OK - maybe you have a slow machine, but it's not *that* bad....

Assuming that my suggestion would work but you want an alternative option,
you could go through and comment out each module load statement that's
failing, starting with mod_env, and then each subsequent one that fails after
you remove it.

Once you get all the modules that aren't needed it should start fine-

Matt

RE: Apache Newbie question

Posted by Kevin Queen <43...@bellsouth.net>.
Thank you for the tip, but does that mean I need to re-run configure, make
and make install all over again, that would suck.  Also I did find mod_env.c
in my source tree, but not in my installed path.  I do however have
mod_env.so in my libexec/ dir, any more help?

You are probably still using the RedHat httpd.conf - it's got a lot of extra
modules that a basic Apache configure doesn't include. Move the httpd.conf
file, then try configuring it again and I bet it'll work much better-

Matt

Re: Apache Newbie question

Posted by Matt Simonsen <ma...@careercast.com>.