Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/25 18:43:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.15.1 - RC0

Hi,

I would like to propose the following release candidate (RC0) of Apache
Arrow version 0.15.1. This is a patch release consisting of 36 resolved
JIRA issues[1].

This release candidate is based on commit:
b789226ccb2124285792107c758bb3b40b3d082a [2]

The source release rc0 is hosted at [3].
The binary artifacts are hosted at [4][5][6][7].
The changelog is located at [8].

Please download, verify checksums and signatures, run the unit tests,
and vote on the release. See [9] for how to validate a release candidate.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow 0.15.1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow 0.15.1 because...

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ARROW%20AND%20status%20in%20%28Resolved%2C%20Closed%29%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.15.1
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/b789226ccb2124285792107c758bb3b40b3d082a
[3]: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-0.15.1-rc0
[4]: https://bintray.com/apache/arrow/centos-rc/0.15.1-rc0
[5]: https://bintray.com/apache/arrow/debian-rc/0.15.1-rc0
[6]: https://bintray.com/apache/arrow/python-rc/0.15.1-rc0
[7]: https://bintray.com/apache/arrow/ubuntu-rc/0.15.1-rc0
[8]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/b789226ccb2124285792107c758bb3b40b3d082a/CHANGELOG.md
[9]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ARROW/How+to+Verify+Release+Candidates

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.15.1 - RC0

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
It was my pleasure :)

Thanks Neal for updating the R packages!

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <so...@pitrou.net>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
Thank You Neal!

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neal Richardson <ne...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I’m on it.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Wes!

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
Post release tasks:

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sutou Kouhei <ko...@clear-code.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Antoine Pitrou <an...@python.org>.
+1 from me.

I verified the release on Ubuntu 18.04 (x86-64), CUDA enabled:

* binaries verification went fine
* source verification went fine except for the Go step (*)

(*) Go failure:
"""
github.com/apache/arrow (download)
created GOPATH=/home/antoine/go; see 'go help gopath'
package github.com/apache/arrow/go/arrow/internal/bitutil: cannot find package "github.com/apache/arrow/go/arrow/internal/bitutil" in any of:
	/usr/lib/go-1.10/src/github.com/apache/arrow/go/arrow/internal/bitutil (from $GOROOT)
	/home/antoine/go/src/github.com/apache/arrow/go/arrow/internal/bitutil (from $GOPATH)
"""

Regards

Antoine.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
We have 3 PMC votes, should the vote be closed so that artifacts can
begin to be posted?

Posted by Francois Saint-Jacques <fs...@gmail.com>.
The integration command is found in master, you might need to git
pull/fetch. Also, I recommend to install archery with `pip install -e`
so it installs locally with symlinks instead of copy, thus you always
get the "latest" version.

François

Posted by Bryan Cutler <cu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bryan Cutler <cu...@gmail.com>.