Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bugs_ <bu...@centrum.cz> on 2008/03/11 18:39:49 UTC

How to write variable in a Struts 2 tag?

I need rewrite jsp page from Struts 1 to Struts 2.

In Strust 1 is in the page something like this:
<% String variable = ... %>

I tried to rewrite it in Struts 2:
<% String variable = ... %>
<s:hidden name="foo" value="<%= variable %>" />
but this doesn't work. It return an error message: "According to TLD or
attribute directive in tag file, attribute value does not accept any
expressions"

I really don't know how to access variable in a Struts 2 tag?

I tried to read Struts 2 documentation, but I didn't find solution.

Re: How to write variable in a Struts 2 tag?

Posted by javajunkie <hi...@googlemail.com>.

newton.dave wrote:

> --- bugs_ <bu...@centrum.cz> wrote:
>> I must find some good tutorial for ognl
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ognl.html
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/ognl-basics.html
>
> http://www.ognl.org/2.6.9/Documentation/html/LanguageGuide/index.html
>
> Dave

I don't normally register to reply or thank people for stuff, but this was
really annoying me, and your quote made me read OGNL doco's.  Worked really
well, thanks.

Rod

Re: How to write variable in a Struts 2 tag?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by bugs_ <bu...@centrum.cz>.
%{#attr.varName} works fine. Thank you everybody
I am so happy :-D

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by bugs_ <bu...@centrum.cz>.
But
<%

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to let people know about this new cool google thingy,
> that finds stuff for you :)

Riiiiight. Even if it did it'll never catch on.

Dave

http://www.nabble.com/How-to-write-variable-in-a-Struts-2-tag--tp15981156p15981156.html

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.