Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/01/24 14:44:11 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr-util/dbm apr_dbm.c

On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 01:27:23PM -0000, gstein@apache.org wrote:
> gstein      01/01/24 05:27:22
>
>   Modified:    dbm      apr_dbm.c
>   Log:
>   Initial pass at Berkeley DB support. This compiles (but is untested) against
>   four varieties of DB on my Linux box: db.h, db_185.h, db1/db.h, and (DB3).

This gives us support for: SDBM, GDBM, DB1, DB_185, DB2, and DB3. All that
is missing is NDBM. Possibly the original Unix DBM(?).

Once I finish the config magic and testing for DB*, then I'll leave a note
in STATUS to do the NDBM stuff.

Note that we're almost at the point where mod_auth_db.c can be tossed, in
favor of always using mod_auth_dbm (against apr_dbm). Once NDBM is inserted
into apr_dbm, then mod_auth_dbm can be simplified a bit further.

Cheers,
-g

p.s. mod_rewrite could also be improved to use apr_dbm.

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/