Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by dancantong <da...@hotmail.com> on 2008/05/12 09:35:48 UTC

OutputText value is not redisplayed when submitting a form with validation errors.

Hi!
I have a JSF page with an outputText that gets its value from a backing bean
property.
The view has some inputText with validate required in order to assure they
are not empty when the form is submitted.
When I submit the form with validation errors, it is redisplayed with the
messages I set, but the outputText value gets empty.
I want the outputText to be redisplayed too, as happens with the inputText.
Is this possible?
Thanks a lot.

Re: OutputText value is not redisplayed when submitting a form with validation errors.

Posted by dancantong <da...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you very much.
That worked perfectly!

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
The standard response is to suggest t:saveState.

If there are validation errors, the updating of components will never
occur and thus your input hidden doesn't do anything for that post

Sent from my iPod

On May 16, 2008, at 4:52 PM, dancantong <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
> Thank you for you reply.
> Yes I'm using request session scoped beans. But I have set in the
> view a
> hidden field associated to the outputText property to mantain it's
> value. Do
> you know any whay to archieve without using session beans?
>

> Andrew Robinson-5 wrote:
>>
>> There is no reason why outputText should be affected by validation
>> errors. Are you sure that you have a value for the backing bean
>> property after the post back and validation errors? Maybe your bean
>> is
>> request scope and therefore has been re-created and not initialized?
>>
>> On 5/12/08, dancantong <da...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>> I have a JSF page with an outputText that gets its value from a
>>> backing
>>> bean

Posted by dancantong <da...@hotmail.com>.
Hi.