Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Elizabeth Tully <el...@reuters.com> on 2000/10/13 21:02:50 UTC

SOAP calling Java Servlet

    I have been trying to use the Apache SOAP (2.0) implementation to make a
SOAP call from a client to a Java servlet, but I am finding that the RPC Router
does not treat the class file as a servlet.

     My servlet is being used to create a JDBC connection pool into a database.
This connection pool is created upon servlet initialization, and retains the
connections until the servlet is destroyed. Subsequent requests to the servlet
do not create new connections.

     The problem is this: When I run the servlet by hitting it from a browser,
it works correctly.  However, when I attempt to invoke the servlet via the RPC
Router, it seems that a new instance of the servlet is created, but the
initialization (and, therefore, the database connection) is not executed.

     The question is:  How can I get the RPC Router to treat the code as a
servlet and not just an ordinary Java class?

the views of Reuters Ltd.