Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jason Webber <we...@mminternet.com> on 2002/02/28 21:48:17 UTC

Database bean Destroy

I have a database pooling bean that I use.  Is there a way to tell when the
bean is being destroyed becuase the bean has been replaced with a newer
version or is being unloaded for some reason?  I need to know so that I can
close the database connections that the bean is controlling.  I dont want to
wait for the connections just to timeout and have the database reclaim the
connection sessions.  This is because I sometimes get maximum sessions
exceeded with my oracle database.

TIA

Getting multiple instances of my servlet, although it doesn't implement SingleThreadModel

Posted by Scott Shorter <sh...@caradas.com>.
All,

I have a servlet that loads on startup, per the <load-on-startup/> tag
in web.xml.  It does *not* implement SingleThreadModel.

Unfortunately, two instances start up every time Tomcat starts - I can
tell because I have a System.out.println call in init().  I need for
there to be only one instance.

What other settings could be causing multiple instances to happen?

Thanks in advance,
Scott