Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Matias Silva <MS...@specificmedia.com> on 2010/07/20 01:32:18 UTC

Hive Returns Empty Results

Hi Everyone, my hive interactive shell query returns with empty results when there should be some results.  I noticed this from time
to time.  Has this happened to anybody? and if so what can I do to resolve it assuming that you have resolved the
issue.

I'm using hadoop-hive-0.4.1+14.5-1

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Best,
Matt

Matias Silva   [Senior Software Developer]
Specific Media        p 949.861.8888 x1420

[cid:image001.gif@01CB275A.E4670DD0]
4 Park Plaza, suite 1500, Irvine, CA 92614

we deliver specific audiences to advertisers

Visit www.specificmedia.com<http://www.specificmedia.com>.

RE: Hive Returns Empty Results

Posted by Matias Silva <MS...@specificmedia.com>.
Hi Carl, thanks for replying, it turns out it was my query and not an issue with the CLI.
Sorry to create noise.

Thanks,
Matt

Can you please provide some more details about this issue:

- the query you are running
- the output of 'describe extended <tablename>' for the table that you are querying.

Thanks.

Carl

[cid:image001.gif@01CB282A.FF334A40]

Posted by Parag Arora <pa...@webaroo.com>.
Hello Matias,

I was having the same error recently and it turned out that there was some
error in my JsonSerde (particularly it was not able to parse nested json, so
i made one for me). So make sure your deserialization is correct before
anything else.

--
Parag
Phone: +91.8080350130