Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrey <da...@ml.lv> on 2005/04/13 21:40:23 UTC

Re[6]: Tomcat/4.1.31 - SSL Troubles

Hello,

>>I can connect to ssl port ... and i can see sertificate.. but when i
>>accept this sertificate my browser says "The page cannot be
>>displayed".

> Just a basic guesswork... Assuming the code does not differentiate between
> ssl and non-ssl, could it be a browser specific problem? Also, can you see
> it from local machine, i.e. https://localhost:8443/...?

> Just my 2 pence...

No difference between local/remote.
I don't think it's network/browser related problem.

Thanks to Jason..

GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
Host: 62.86.16.101
Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
Location: https://62.86.16.101/index.jsp
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:38:50 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

What can i do ? :)

--
Best regards,
Andrey

Re: Re[9]: Tomcat/4.1.31 - SSL Troubles

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On 4/14/05, Andrey <da...@ml.lv> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> HTTPS:
>
> GET /application/index.html HTTP/1.1
> Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
> Host: 62.86.16.101:8443
> Connection: Keep-Alive
>
> HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
> Location: https://62.86.16.101:8443/
> Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:17:36 GMT
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

A few more things:

Can you try accessing the server by it's name instead of IP?

Also can you try with Firefox - http://getfirefox.com and if that
works fine like I expect it will then install
http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/ to get the same info you have above
for MSIE.

Plus what URL are you requesting to begin with and what does your
connector in your server.xml (minus any passwords) look like?

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com

Re[9]: Tomcat/4.1.31 - SSL Troubles

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:17:36 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

Location: https://62.86.16.101:8443/index.jsp

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:17:36 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

and again and again..

But for HTTP:

GET /application/index.html HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
Host: 62.86.16.101:8080
Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
ETag: W/"735-1088131466000"
Last-Modified: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:44:26 GMT
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:33:40 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

GET /application/subdirectory/main.html HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
Referer: http://62.86.16.101:8080/application/index.html
Host: 62.86.16.101:8080
Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
ETag: W/"364-1088131490000"
Last-Modified: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 02:44:50 GMT
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:33:40 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

--
Best regards,
Andrey

Re[8]: Tomcat/4.1.31 - SSL Troubles

Posted by Andrey <da...@ml.lv>.
Hello,

> Well so far that is normal, what isn't normal is that the browser
> isn't sending another GET request for https://62.86.16.101/index.jsp
> what happens if you request that URL directly?

> Hang on you know what is happening? I bet HTTP/1.1 isn't enabled in
> the browser, I had the exact same problem the other day...

> Tools / Internet Options, Advanced, HTTP/1.1 Settings: enable both of
> those for some reason the Proxy one still seems to effect things even
> when you tell IE to not use the proxy for the site you are accessing.

> Regards,

I can POST more...   It's loop. .. if i use non-https connection all
work fine. (https is configured on 443 port now .. no difference)

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:42:27 GMT
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

--
Best regards,
Andrey

Re: Re[6]: Tomcat/4.1.31 - SSL Troubles

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Andrey" <da...@ml.lv> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 10:17:42 PM, you wrote:
>

>>>I can connect to ssl port ... and i can see sertificate.. but when i
>>>accept this sertificate my browser says "The page cannot be
>>>displayed".
>
>> Just a basic guesswork... Assuming the code does not differentiate
>> between
>> ssl and non-ssl, could it be a browser specific problem? Also, can you
>> see
>> it from local machine, i.e. https://localhost:8443/...?
>
>> Just my 2 pence...
>
> No difference between local/remote.
> I don't think it's network/browser related problem.
>
> Thanks to Jason..
>
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
> application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel,
> application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
> CLR 1.1.4322)
> Host: 62.86.16.101
> Connection: Keep-Alive
>
> HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily
> Location: https://62.86.16.101/index.jsp
> Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:38:50 GMT
> Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
>
> What can i do ? :)

MSIE is sending the wrong Host header (it's known to do that :), so the
Location is bad on the response (it's asking MSIE to connect to port 443).
What you can do is:

1) Use FireFox.
2) Configure the connector to run on the default port of 443.
3) Get MS to fix their browser.