Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2015/03/12 20:45:25 UTC

Does maxBrowsePageSize require the entire queue to be read into memory?

I’ve been using a large maxBrowsePageSize (of 2^31) but I’ve also been
using a non-persistent broker.

So this means the data is *already* in memory so a max browse page size is
acceptable.

We’ve been using this to track down message loss.

AKA if we browse all our queues, and the message isn’t there, then
something broke and the message is (probably) lost.

However, we have so many messages (and I’d like to use LevelDB
replication), and we think we’ve solved our performance bugs with ActiveMQ,
that I’d like to migrate back to LevelDB.

I’m hoping that this dramatically lowers our memory requirements.

However, if it just uses a cursor internally, this would probably NOT blow
up memory if I browsed a whole queue.  IT would just mean that I need to
page through LevelDB.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*