Posted to general@gump.apache.org by ao...@bellsouth.net on 2003/11/25 02:55:44 UTC

Re: Re: Rethink Subversion

Just posting officially to the Gump list.  Go ahead and include us.  The use of svn by a majority vote is official.

Also note that we use maven as our build system so are there any problems with the maven generated gump descriptor?

Alex

Re: Rethink Subversion

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, aok <ao...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Just posting officially to the Gump list.  Go ahead and include us.

"us" being the incubating directory project, right? 8-)

> The use of svn by a majority vote is official.

Have you started doing so?  I can't find anything in
<http://cvs.apache.org/repos/asf/> that looks like the directory
project yet.

> Also note that we use maven as our build system so are there any
> problems with the maven generated gump descriptor?

In general you'll also need to generate a vanilla Ant build file as
Gump doesn't support Maven natively (yet?).  Watch out for absolute
paths both inside the Maven generated descriptor and the Ant build
file, that sometimes get generated by "maven ant".

Do you want to host the Maven generated descriptor inside your
repositiory or do you want to put it into Gump's?  Personally I'd
strongly prefer the second as every Apache committer can fix problems
then.

Cheers

        Stefan
--