Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by ChrisMalta <ch...@onvol.net> on 2009/06/04 19:33:51 UTC

Client returning Uninitialized Objects

Hi all,

I have a service with 3 methods …

1) Method that returns a String.
2) Method returning a void but that does something.
3) Method that does something and returns a List of Objects.

I am using Apache Tomcat 6.0.13 as an application server.

I have built a Client program which I am running on eclipse to test my
service. The first 2 methods work fine. The third method also seems to work
fine on the server. In fact all the logs shows that everything is working
fine. Even the soap XML on Tomcat’s console seems to be correct. The problem
is here …

Say the 3rd method is supposed to return a list with ‘X’ objects in it … the
client always receives a list with ‘1′ object, irrespectively of ‘X’ and
also all the fields of that object are null. My complex object does
implement the Serializable interface.

The client seems to work fine with primitive types like strings but not with
complex objects.

Thanks

Re: Client returning Uninitialized Objects

Posted by ChrisMalta <ch...@onvol.net>.
Ok problem solved ... thing is that if you're using Aegis on the Server Side,
you also have to use it on the Client side.

A single line of code did the trick:

proxyFactory.setDataBinding(new AegisDatabinding());