Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by kaychaks <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/24 14:10:14 UTC

Work Effort Calendar Customization

Hi list,

I am customizing the calendar in the Work Effort application where I have to
limit the number of fields displayed while adding a new event (event type -
EVENT). I modified the EditWorkEffort form in the WorkEffortForms.xml to
ignore the fields which I don't want to display. I am using the
*use-when*attribute to check if the context keys
workeffort,workEffortId is null and
workEffortTypeId is EVENT. If the above conditions return true then I am
ignoring the field using the *ignored* tag. Otherwise, the fields are
displayed as they were before i.e. when the new workeffort is getting
created for a new task (event type - TASK) or when a new work effort (event
type - AVAILABLE) is getting created.

Now the above logic is giving me the desired result in case of a new event
(event type - Event). But when I am adding a new task (event type - Task) or
a new work effort (event type - Available) then all fields of the WorkEffort
entity are getting displayed (which is correct) but the layout gets
distorted (which is my problem). When I checked the final generated html
source, I see that a colspan=4 is added to the html td for the corresponding
fields wherever I have used *use-when* tag.

I hope I have explained my problem statement. I need to correct the layout
problem. And also am I doing the right thing for my customization or there
is any better way to do that?

Regards,
Kaushik