Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/15 10:25:00 UTC

[VOTE] separate Camel mailing lists?

The volume of Camel related mails are rising and increasingly Camel
folks are talking about stuff thats unrelated to ActiveMQ. Given how
busy the ActiveMQ lists are (particularly the user lists) I'm starting
to worry about missing Camel related traffic in the deluge of ActiveMQ
related user mail.

So I'm thinking its worth having separate mailing lists for Camel
related traffic which would also ease the email burden on forks using
either code bases.

[ ] +1 to create camel-dev, camel-user, camel-commits mailing lists
[ ] -1 I disagree because: _________

Here's my +1

--
James
-------

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Timothy Bish <ti...@sensis.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] separate Camel mailing lists?

Posted by William Tam <em...@gmail.com>.
+1
good idea :-)

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1

On 5/15/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The volume of Camel related mails are rising and increasingly Camel
> folks are talking about stuff thats unrelated to ActiveMQ. Given how
> busy the ActiveMQ lists are (particularly the user lists) I'm starting
> to worry about missing Camel related traffic in the deluge of ActiveMQ
> related user mail.
>
> So I'm thinking its worth having separate mailing lists for Camel
> related traffic which would also ease the email burden on forks using
> either code bases.
>
> [ ] +1 to create camel-dev, camel-user, camel-commits mailing lists
> [ ] -1 I disagree because: _________
>

> Here's my +1
>
> --
> James
> -------
> http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Posted by Adrian Co <ac...@exist.com>.
+1 :)

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 5/15/07, Christopher G. Stach II <cg...@ldsys.net> wrote:
> James Strachan wrote:
> > The volume of Camel related mails are rising and increasingly Camel
> > folks are talking about stuff thats unrelated to ActiveMQ. Given how
> > busy the ActiveMQ lists are (particularly the user lists) I'm starting
> > to worry about missing Camel related traffic in the deluge of ActiveMQ
> > related user mail.
> >
> > So I'm thinking its worth having separate mailing lists for Camel
> > related traffic which would also ease the email burden on forks using
> > either code bases.
>
> It would also be nice to separate .NET and CPP from Java. :)

Its a nice idea; though am a bit worried that Java developers working
on the broker might forget to read about issues of the C++ or .Net
code; so am keen to keep the client libraries and Java broker mails on
the same list. Lets keep an eye on it though and if it gets too much
we could consider it.

BTW it might be worth using the [nms] and [cms] prefixes on subjects
of mails about NMS/CMS so folks can exclude stuff using mailing list
rules.

--
James
-------

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/15/07, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The volume of Camel related mails are rising and increasingly Camel
> folks are talking about stuff thats unrelated to ActiveMQ. Given how
> busy the ActiveMQ lists are (particularly the user lists) I'm starting
> to worry about missing Camel related traffic in the deluge of ActiveMQ
> related user mail.
>
> So I'm thinking its worth having separate mailing lists for Camel
> related traffic which would also ease the email burden on forks using
> either code bases.
>
> [ ] +1 to create camel-dev, camel-user, camel-commits mailing lists
> [ ] -1 I disagree because: _________

+1

Bruce
);'