Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Mohan Agarwal <mo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/04 08:10:13 UTC

Problem regarding Hive Command Line Interface

Hi,
    Can I run multiple Hive CLI from different systems ponting over common
hadoop ?

Thanking You
Mohan Agarwal

Re: Problem regarding Hive Command Line Interface

Posted by Prasad Chakka <pc...@facebook.com>.
Feel free to add it :)

________________________________
From: Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:40:41 -0800
To: <hi...@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Problem regarding Hive Command Line Interface

You should check out...

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HiveDerbyServerMode

@hive-dev: I think we should add this more clearly in the readme file.
 It is great that hive works out of the box but..... I think 99% of
users, in the long run, are going to want to run hive with a remote
meta store db. I remember this being the first question I had for the
list when I got into hive.

Edward

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
You should check out...