Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org> on 2012/10/11 10:39:31 UTC

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Hi all

I setting up a tracker now... http://rbircher.homeunix.org:6969

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 11/10/2012 Raphael Bircher wrote:
> I setting up a tracker now... http://rbircher.homeunix.org:6969

I gave it a try, but I could only get some bits from the first file (the
source package); for the other "running" file download started but never
progressed, and I got "Torrent unauthorised" for all the other
"published" files I tried. Is this normal?

I would be happy to see torrents advertised on the main site, but of
course they must be working and complete before we do so.

By the way, I didn't check all localized versions, but at least the
Italian version seems to be missing.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
HI

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org> wrote:
> They are on now http://rbircher.homeunix.org:6969/index.tmpl?search=pt-BR

Thanks (:

You do statics about download of AOO ?

--
Albino

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.
Hi Albino

Am 11.10.12 19:27, schrieb Albino B Neto:
> Hi.
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 5:39 AM, Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I setting up a tracker now... http://rbircher.homeunix.org:6969
> Good.
>
> You are using a mirror, or downloaded and upload here ?

At the moment it is hand work. But this is also only a temporary
solution for me. I will investegate in a more automated version maybe
also with an other tracker software. But for me it was important to
bring it up in a acceptable time frame. It is also not on the right
mashine. But it runs, and I will opload the rest of the files soon.

I would be happy, if you dan allready start to create the seeds. I have
limited bandwith here (about 300kb/s upload), and it will takes timd to
share the builds.

Greetings Raphael

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Albino B Neto <bi...@apache.org>.
Hi.

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Raphael Bircher <rb...@apache.org>.
You are right, only one download works, and searching for solutions is a
real nightmare. If you have only torrent in the search string, you get
pointet to all this stupid public trackers, or dummy questions from P2P
Downloaders. I didn't find a Link to a good manual. This proves,
BitTorrent is 98% not used to share free Software ;-)

Greetings Raphael

Re: BItTorrents -- do we care?

Posted by Issac Goldstand <is...@volo-net.com>.