Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jim Klo <ji...@sri.com> on 2012/06/14 00:29:22 UTC

Re: browserid_couchdb helper files cannot be found aka build_couchdb + plugins issue.

Walt - and anyone else who has this issue..

This seems to be a by-product of build-couchdb and the plugins parameter.

build-couchdb's plugins is supposed to be just a csv list of git://your/repo/location branch/tag

It turns out, at least if you're git hosting is on github, the official git url that GitHub  gives to you is like this:

	git://github.com/iriscouch/browserid_couchdb.git origin/master

That last ".git" is getting propagated into the build as lib/couchdb/plugins/browserid_couchdb.git which is the wrong directory for code:priv_dir(..) to locate what it needs for the plugin.  I tried simply renaming the directory without any luck, so it seems there's some kind of erlang path foo compiled into files?

The solution until it's somehow fixed (i'd do it but don't know Ruby) is to be sure NOT to include the .git portion in the path:

	git://github.com/iriscouch/browserid_couchdb origin/master

I found this condition to be true for any of the plugins built using build-couchdb tool, however I think it may only manifest itself for plugins that have private directories.

- Jim

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering