Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2015/01/02 16:22:18 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1648704 - in /commons/proper/compress/trunk/src: main/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/ test/java/org/apache/commons/compress/archivers/zip/

On 2014-12-31, <kr...@apache.org> wrote:

>    static ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier defaultSupplier = new DefaultSupplier();

This one could be instance variable (and made final when set in the
constructor).  I think this would be a cleaner approach to overriding
the supplier that setting a static variable.  Could be private as well.

>    static class DefaultSupplier implements ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier {

If you made the changes I suggest, then this class should probably be
protected.

>    static ScatterZipOutputStream createDeferred(ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier scatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier)

would then be an instance method.  Do you need it to be public?

>+    ThreadLocal<ScatterZipOutputStream> tlScatterStreams = new ThreadLocal<ScatterZipOutputStream>() {

why is this package private?

Cheers

        Stefan

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2015-01-02, Kristian Rosenvold wrote:

>> On 2014-12-31, <kr...@apache.org> wrote:

> ... all else fixed in  r1649128..

I thought you'd need a way to override the
ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier from Plexus, maybe I was wrong.  I'll
need to look at your Plexus changes, I guess.

>>>    static ScatterZipOutputStream createDeferred(ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier scatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier)

>> would then be an instance method.  Do you need it to be public?

> I actually use this method from plexus. Arguably it's a bit of a
> convenience method, and we could tell plexus to shove it and implement
> the three lines itself...?

I see.  Your call, I wouldn't mind to keep it public.

Stefan

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
> On 2014-12-31, <kr...@apache.org> wrote:

... all else fixed in  r1649128..

>>    static ScatterZipOutputStream createDeferred(ScatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier scatterGatherBackingStoreSupplier)
>
> would then be an instance method.  Do you need it to be public?

I actually use this method from plexus. Arguably it's a bit of a
convenience method, and we could tell plexus to shove it and implement
the three lines itself...?

Kristian