Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alejandro Decchi <ad...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/03 17:39:01 UTC

[users@httpd] Running JS in Apache

I would like to apache executes javascript.
Already I have it installed with php, mysql and this one working. Why
apache  does not execute javascript javascript I wait could give me a hand
regards
thz

[users@httpd] Re: Running JS in Apache

Posted by paul <pa...@subsignal.org>.
Alejandro Decchi schrieb:
> Hello Joshua.
> I do not think that does not exist the javascript in the correct place,
> because I copy the web aplication from the web server where the aplication
> is runing ok
1. Don't top post
2. Are you sure your index.php is executed correctly?
3. How is the login-form supposed to be generated (static html, php,
javascript)
4. What do you see if you right-click the login page and choose "view
page source"?
5. If that's all greek to you, you have a lot to read about.
> Need i install javascript in apache ?
Most likely not.

How can i do it ?
google for rhino and javascript

> I am newbie
Oh, really ;=)

cheers
 Paul

Re: [users@httpd] Running JS in Apache

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/3/07, Alejandro Decchi <ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Joshua.
> I do not think that does not exist the javascript in the correct place,
> because I copy the web aplication from the web server where the aplication
> is runing ok
> Need i install javascript in apache ? How can i do it ?
> I am newbie

Sorry, but I can only repeat the advice that I've already given you:

- Javascript has almost nothing to do with the web server. It is the
client that executes it.
- Since you need help with a client-side technology, you are asking in
the wrong forum. You need to find somebody willing to take a look at
your code and figure out why it isn't executing. I suggest starting by
asking the people who supplied you with the javascript code in the
first place.

Joshua.

Posted by Alejandro Decchi <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hello Joshua.

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Posted by Alejandro Decchi <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robin-David Hammond <kb...@pins.net>.
Java-script now ecma-script was written as a client-side complement to
java which is an unrelated (in many ways, insert objections to /dev/null)
server technology. Are you sure you dont want to execute java?

Robin-David Hammond  KB3IEN
50 West 17th Street
Ninth Floor
New York, NY 10011