Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "cisiodon.com.br - Mail Host - Listserv" <in...@cisiodon.com.br> on 2002/07/26 19:03:21 UTC

Apache

Hello,
please:

Win 2K server
256Kb
Celeron 333 Mhz
Apache 1.322
PHP
MySQL
Gzip

I am using now PHP pages and some times the server do not Answer the requests and CPU goes to 100%. I need to stop Browser and wait CPU return to normal and the server accept requests again. Note that with HTML and JavaScripts it do not occur.

Any Ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

---

Certified by  Argosoft Mail Server Pro

http://www.cisiodon.com.br
Http://www.netforum.com.br

Re: Apache

Posted by su...@mayl.net.
personally,  I feel you need to upgrade your computer to at least 500Mhz, update Apache to 1.3.26, and pull out any games or unwanted/not needed applications from the operating system, and download any updated Win2K patches from windowsupdate.

*******
And please folks,  please anti-virus and anti-worm and anti-trojan your systems... keep up with all updates.
Please discontinue the use of older versions of PHP, Apache, Perl etc...  As administrators, we all need to keep up with the latest ANTI- software and patches.  Stay a step above hackers and crashers.
*******
sorry folks.  It just bugs me to see the old stuff still floatin' around that have security holes.