Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Phillip Kent <ph...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/07 12:04:17 UTC

Using includeInApiDoc=false to modify output content of apidoc?

Hi, I am new here so apologies if this is the wrong place for my
question.

I am trying to modify the output content of tools/apidoc by using the
option includeInApiDoc=false in the API command Java source. (I'm using
the source code for cloudstack 4.2.1).

It doesn't have any effect, so I wondered if anyone here knows if this
option does or does not work, and how to make it work? There is just one
mention of the option in the user guide, and no examples of using it.

Thanks, Phillip

++++++
phillip.kent@gmail.com  mobile: 07950 952034
www.phillipkent.net
+++++

Re: Using includeInApiDoc=false to modify output content of apidoc?

Posted by Phillip Kent <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I resolved this query.

The includeInApiDoc option works fine, and in accordance with the
documentation here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Annotations+use
+in+the+API

The problem I had was with using maven. I thought simplistically (like
with 'make') if I modify a source file the change will be detected and a
rebuild will happen.

This does not happen - and I think it is basically the well-known
'incremental build' problem in maven
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12369233/incremental-build-in-jenkins)

So I understand you have to do 'mvn clean install' to pick up source
code changes. There are a couple of ways to speed that up - by switching
off testing
[http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/mvn-Dtest-false-mvn-Dmaven-test-skip-false-td201409.html]
and by using a parallel build, like this:

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -T 1.5C clean install

and then

mvn -P developer -pl :cloud-apidoc

(The above clean install runs 3.5 minutes on my machine, compared with 6
to 7 minutes for standard install.)

So far as I understand it isn't possible to avoid the full install
although I only want the modules required for building the apidoc.

- Phillip

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
In Philip,