Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com> on 2002/05/11 01:42:32 UTC

[patch] cleaning up build files

right, this set of patches to build.xml,  and
test\build_functional_tests.xml are a gentle attempt at making the build
more manageable.

The main change is to build.xml, that includes the changes from
before -named descriptions, using location over value in property assigment
of file locations, then adds declarations of the location of tools.jar and
an axis.lib property, to point to where the tools jar and the axis lib are.

Sub build files can now use these in their classpath declarations, which is
what I do in the other build file I have patched.
    <pathelement location="${tools.jar}"/>
    <fileset dir="${axis.lib.dir}">
      <include name="*.jar"/>
    </fileset>

Note that ant1.5 lets you pass references down to sub projects, so you dont
need to keep redeclaring stuff. If/when you are ready to move your build
process up to the current beta, things will be better

-Steve